Because Crowe and Associates wants all our clients to make the best possible health care choices, we will explain Medishare Cost to you.
What is Medishare? MediShare is an organized way for Christians to join their funds and help pay for each other’s eligible medical bills. It is a health care sharing ministry. Every month, Medishare pays the members eligible medical bills with the use of the memberships monthly share. With the use of a secure online portal, Medishare publishes the bills that are eligible for sharing then coordinates the direct payment of the medical costs between members.
There are a number of Health sharing Ministries in the US. Medishare is an exempt Health share ministry. This means that ACA does provide Medishare members an exemption from paying the fee or penalty. People who can afford healthcare but choose not to purchase it, will have to pay a fee or penalty. You will pay this penalty when you file your tax return for the year you did not have coverage. Because of this, along with the Medishare cost, HCSMs (health care sharing ministries) have seen a large increase in memberships.
Although some Health Share Ministries such as Medishare exempt you from paying the ACA penalty, they are not considered Minimum Essential Coverage. Medishare will except most members regardless of current medical history and conditions. They will however, put a pre-existing conditions clause on most pre-existing medical conditions. This means they will not cover said conditions for a stated amount of time.
Some health care sharing ministries are considered “faith based” and will allow members of any faith to join the health share. Medi-Share is a Christian based health share and those applying need to be of Christian faith to join.
MediShare Cost determination
Medi Share has set costs that are based on age, number of dependents in the family and overall health of the applicants. They use three rate tiers based on the health of each member.
How to complete an application for Medi Share:
- CLICK HERE FOR PRICES AND ACCESS TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Medi-Share will ask for the names and birth dates for each applicant.
- There is a $50 non-refundable application fee (Medi-Share accepts Visa, Master Card and Discover)
- After you submit the application fee, you will receive an email with the link to ‘pick up where you left off.’ You can then start to fill out the documents in the forms center.
Medishare Cost: Verify information: The first thing we do in the Forms Center is to verify basic information about each applicant.
- You will need to provide the following: Social Security numbers, dates of birth, height, weight, as well as waist measurement for all applicants 18 or older. For minors, you only need to provide; date of birth, height, and weight.
- You will also confirm the desired membership start date as well as your mailing address.
Most of the questions you will be asked are either a yes or a no answer. Every applicant’s medical history is taken and then goes into review. The review can either take minutes or a day or two, this depends on what you report in your medical history.
- Head of Household will complete questions for him/herself as well as any minor children. Your spouse and any child 18 or older will complete their own Medical Questionnaire.
- If you remember something later you may add it to your history, you cannot delete or change information on the existing questionnaire.
- Download, sign and then upload the form once you complete it.
- The LPOA has to be approved before membership can begin. A Limited Power of Attorney (LPOA) is the binding form which allows Medi-Share to facilitate the sharing on the member’s behalf, using the Share Account with America’s Christian Credit Union.
- 2 adults need to witness the form: The witnesses cannot be minors. The witness also cannot be the ACCU joint account holder(no spouses)..
- Sharing of funds will begin after Members allow Medi-Share to have access to their share accounts. When eligible needs come in, Medi-Share will distribute the deposited funds to Members with those needs to ensure the provider receives payment for their services.
If you see “In Review” that means an employee at Medi-Share or ACCU is individually reviewing the LPOA. It may take 24-48 hours to complete a review.
Medi-Share Cost Links
Please feel free to contact us either by phone at (203)796-5403 or by email at [email protected], with any questions you might have.